1. Tax Cut
- Continue cutting taxes for ALL Arkansans.
- Work with the legislature to lower the top marginal rate to 5.9% over the next four years
- Simplify the tax code, close loopholes, and increase fairness for all taxpayers
2. Government Transformation
- Reduce the number of agencies that report directly to the governor from 42 to 20 or fewer.
- This will provide savings and improved services through combined IT systems, eliminated redundancies, streamlined communication, and greater efficiency
- All with the goal of creating a more efficient, less costly, and more responsive state government
3. Teacher Pay
- Raise the minimum starting salary for Arkansas teachers by 13% over the next four years – from $31,800 to $36,000.
- This will give Arkansas teachers the highest starting salaries in the region
4. Ethics Reform
- Governor Hutchinson supports comprehensive ethics reform to ensure that our elected officials are working for the people and with the highest ethical standards.
- Require all legislators and constitutional officers to publicly disclose conflicts of interest before debating, deliberating, or voting on a piece of legislation
- Revoke pensions for public officials convicted of violating the public trust
- Bolster the enforcement power of the Arkansas Ethics Commission through strengthened disciplinary standards
- Reform our campaign finance laws to prevent PAC’s from circumventing campaign contributions limits
- Work with the Legislature to create a long-term highway funding strategy for the state.
- Must be fiscally responsible and sustainable
- Will be presented to the voters for approval